All parents were contacted in July and August to offer them the opportunity to register their child for two Covid-19 Lateral Flow tests in the academy on Tuesday 31 August and Thursday 2 September, prior to the return to school on Monday 6 September. Registration for testing closed on 10 August.
If you have not registered your child and provided consent for this testing, but would now like to, please complete this form: OABy Student - Covid-19 LFD Testing Consent Forms by 12noon
on Thursday 26 August.
Students whose parents have provided consent are invited to attend the Sports Hall at Outwood Academy Bydales on both Tuesday 31 August and Thursday 2 September at the following times:
9.00 - 9.45am Surnames starting with letters A - C
10.00 - 10.45am Surnames starting with D - G
11.00 - 11.45am Surnames starting with H - L
1.00 - 1.45pm Surnames starting with M - R
2.00 - 2.45pm Surnames starting with S - Z
Students whose parents have not registered for testing on site are able to collect Covid-19 lateral flow test kits to self test at home prior to the academy opening on 6 September. Test kits will be available for collection from the Sports Hall on Tuesday 31 August and Thursday 2 September between 9am and 3pm.
Home testing kits are also available from local pharmacies and community venues. Please see below for guidance on conducting home tests.
Contact Tracing and Self Isolation
- Contact tracing will no longer be conducted by the academy (from 19 July). NHS Test and Trace will complete contact tracing for positive cases.
Self-isolation rules for close contacts in all settings are changing on 16 August.
- From 16 August close contacts who are fully vaccinated or those under 18 will not need to self isolate
- All close contacts will be advised to take a PCR test – you should encourage anyone identified as a close contact to do this
- Individuals identified as close contacts will not need to self-isolate while they are awaiting the results of their test
- If the PCR result is positive, the individual must isolate and NHS Test and Trace will work with them to identify any close contacts